December 31, 2007

Christmas comes this time each year

Well the Christmas season this year has been a busy one. Cheri and I arrived back in Michigan Friday night and didn't stop until we left again for STL. We attended 6 family Christmas parties, went shopping, tested cake, looked at invitations, looked at dresses (I didn't go to that one), got engagement photos, went to the nutcracker ballet, and visited Gun Lake. I'm probably forgetting some things too. It was a VERY fun time though.

I ended up spending at least half of the break with Cheri's family. It was really fun though because I got to know them all more than I ever had before. The Soper party was a blast. Unfortunately my team is now 1-1 in Soper football with me on the team. I also had my first experience with the VandeBunte extended family. They're a fun bunch, but it was a lot of names to remember.

Christmas morning we spent with the Schaaf family. Here's a few glimpses into that experience.


Saturday was one of the busiest days. Cheri and I got some engagement photos taken. It was a lot of fun but VERY cold. Seeing how we were by Lake Michigan for most of the shoot and it was very windy in a Michgian winter, we (and the photographer) went completely numb and couldn't feel our faces (to know if we were smiling or not). They turned out okay but the photographer offered to do a "mini session" whenever we could get back to MI so we'll probably do that. She posted the photos on http://www.amyjohnsonphoto.com/darrencherigallery/ or http://www.amyjohnsonphoto.com/darrencherishow/ for one set to music.

After the photo shoot we scrambled up to Spring Lake for my aunt's surprise birthday party / family Christmas party. Another fun event, all the little girls seemed to gravitate towards Cheri. I thought it was pretty cute. My sister and one of my nieces made the drive up from Illinois for a few days. My nephew also joined us for the week from Alabama. It was a lot of fun for him to be around because we hadn't seen each other in years.


New Years Eve we chaperoned Cheri's siblings and their friends. We were both so exhausted after the previous week so it was kind of nice to be able to stay in for the evening. Early the next morning we headed back down to STL to start off 2008.




1 comment:

Jason and Melissa said...

Being photographed is hard work. Just ask any supermodel.