August 6, 2008

Local news hero

Today we went to set up some stuff at the reception hall. When we got there we saw some people with a big camera sitting outside. We found it odd but kept going. This lady walks up to us and asks if we mind being on the news, of course we didn't mind.


Apparently there was a 16 year ban on alcohol in Laketown Township (where our reception is) which got overturned the night before. We didn't know because ours is a dry wedding but apparently its a big deal. So they film us setting up and doing stuff in the background. Eventually they put a microphone on me and gave me an interview so I gave my expert, bumbling opinion on the matter (click here to see the video). It mustn't have been good because I only got 2 sentences worth of audio.


I thought it was pretty funny how unexpected all that was. It sure made for an interesting story though.

No comments: