January 12, 2007

NPR

Occasionally I listen to National Public Radio (NPR) on the way to work. I like them because they talk about the news, they have random stories about different topics to mix things up, and they always talk in soothing voices. The only things that bug me is that it's blatantly liberally biased and they usually follow the same sort of stories over and over again, especially since the November elections.

Here is the rundown of what a typical morning with NPR news sounds like:
  1. Blah blah blah, George Bush did this and we want you to respect him less because of it.
  2. Blah blah blah, 5 billion troops dies in Iraq, let's get out of there, blah blah.
  3. Blah blah, Barak Obama is our hero, let's vote him in to the Presidency now.
  4. Blah blah, Hillary Clinton is our second choice here at NPR.
  5. Here's a story about a man who explores cultural diversity while playing his oboe, blah blah.
  6. The new Democratic congress is going to rock! blah blah.
  7. Give us money, can't you tell that we're worth it? Here's a story about other people in America who are subsidized or should be subsidized more. blah blah.

2 comments:

Randy and Erin said...

I love it! I agree.

I don't like their snooty accent. I mean please, just because you think you're educated doesn't mean you need to talk different then everyone else.

Jason and Melissa said...

You need a WOOD AM 1300 equivalent over there. Loud conservatives with lots of commercials.