September 6, 2007

Attack of the Chili

So this week is not my week. Here's a brief excerpt of one typical story from this week.

So Thursday my team at work decides to throw a "tailgate party" themed around the start of the football season. I volunteered to make chili (which I've never done before). Wednesday night I went out shopping, boguht all the stuff, and trashed my kitchen making a batch of chili.

Thursday I bring it in to work, people like it, it's a hit. There's some extras so I'm bringing it home. It was hard enough to carry in, I brought the entire crock pot to work to keep it warm. Actually it was quite a unique situation working with a bubbling crock pot of chili on my desk, stirring it every so often.

So I'm driving home down the highway and the guy in front of me slams on his breaks. I slam on mine to avoid hitting him. Suddenly the front seat of my car is COVERED in chili (and has a lovely smell). Oh well, I guess that's one more thing to clean this weekend.

1 comment:

Jason and Melissa said...

A high-paid Boeing executive like you should just buy a new car.